Vitatreal Strenal S
JAN code : 4934911200869
Type-2 OCT Drugs
- Class II drugs with relatively high risk, and require special caution. Contains ingredients that may cause health hazards leading to hospitalization in a rare case.
- Strenal S is therapeutic agent for constipation (laxative and cathartic medicine) whose active ingredient is not soluble in stomach, but works in the bowels. It is a stomach-friendly pink-colored enteric-coated tablet. The effect of bisacodyl and sennoside encourages natural defecation and also provides a cure for uncomfortable symptoms caused the constipation.
# Alleviation of the following symptoms caused by constipation : heaviness in the head, hot flashes, rough skin, pimples, loss of appetite (decrease of appetite), abdominal distension, intestinal fermentation and hemorrhoids
- Following ingredients are contained per daily dose (3 tablets)
- Bisacodyl 15mg and Sennoside 40mg
- Additives: Lactose hydrate, corn starch, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer LD, triethyl citrate, talc, gum arabic, gelatin, white sugar, macrogol, precipitated calcium carbonate, titanium oxide, carmellose sodium, carnauba wax and food red No. 3.
< Instructions for the usage and dosage >
# There may be cases where urine color turns orange-yellow or reddish brown after taking the medicine, which is caused by the principal ingredient, sennoside. The symptom is not abnormal.
- Usage and Dosage
Take the following recommended dose once a day, before bedtime (or when hungry)
At first, take smaller of the recommended dose and increase or decrease it within the recommended dose range, while watching the condition of bowel movement.
Adults (15 years or older): 2-3 tablets at a time
Eleven to fourteen years: 1-2 tablets at a time
Children under 11 years: Do not take the medicine
< Notice related to usage and dosage >
(1) Strictly follow the usage and dosage instructions.
(2) Supervision of a guardian is required when a child takes the medicine.
(3) As the medicine is provided in enteric-coated tablet, do not chew or crush the medicine when take it, just swallow it as it is. Do not take the medicine for a while after taking antacid(s) (that is contained in stomach drug) or milk.
(4) Press the convex part of the PTP sheet with your finger tip to break the aluminum foil on the back and take out a tablet, when you take the medicine. (If swallowed the medicine without taking it out from the PTP sheet, it’d stick in the esophageal mucous membrane, leading to an unexpected accident.)
- CAUTIONS FOR USE
- What you should not do.
(If not follow the instructions and warnings, side effects might occur easily.)
1. While taking this medicine, do not take the following medicine.
Other cathartic medicine (purgative medicine).
2. Do not take the medicine if you are in the lactation period. Or stop breastfeeding while taking the medicine.
3. Do not take large amount of the medicine.
- When consultation is required
1. Consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor, if
(1) You are under a care of a doctor.
(2) You are pregnant or possibly pregnant.
(3) You have a history of developing allergy reaction to medication and others.
(4) You have following symptoms: acute abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
2. Stop using the medicine immediately and go to see a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide if the following symptoms appear after taking the medicine, as the symptoms might be side effects. 〔affected area: symptoms〕
〔Skin：rashes, redness or itchiness〕〔Digestive organs：acute abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting〕
3. Following symptom might appear after taking the medicine. If such symptoms continue or become worse, stop taking the medicine and consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide.
4. If there is no improvement after taking the medicine for about a month, stop using the medicine and consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide.
- CAUTIONS ON HANDLING AND STORAGE
(1) Keep the medicine in a cool place with less moisture away from direct sunlight.
(2) Put the medicine out of reach of children.
(3) Do not transfer the medicine into other container. (it might cause misuse or quality change of the medicine)
(4) Do not use the medicine after expiration date (which is printed on the outer case)
- Shiseido Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Made in Japan)