- Product Lineup
- Designated Type-2 OCT Drugs
- Vitatreal Sleep improving drug
Vitatreal Sleep improving drug
JAN code : 4987402095604
Type-2 OCT Drugs
- Class II drugs with relatively high risk, and require special caution. Contains ingredients that may cause health hazards leading to hospitalization in a rare case.
VITATREAL sleep improving drug is a pharmaceutical product effective for alleviating temporary insomniac symptoms including difficulty in falling asleep or shallow sleep. Its main ingredient, diphenhydramine hydrochloride, has commonly been used for the purpose of alleviating allergic symptoms including itchiness of the skin, sneezing or running nose, but known to cause sleepiness if taken. VITATREAL sleep improving drug was developed by paying attention to its side effect of sleepiness.
Action of VITATREAL sleep improving drug
There exists Histamine in the brain, which is one of the substances involved in the maintenance and adjustment of alertness. VITATREAL sleep improving drug induces sleep with its main ingredient, diphenhydramine hydrochloride by inhibiting the action of Histamine. One medicine box contains 10 tablets (For adults: 15 years old or over, 2 tablets once a day) . Designated second-class OTC drug
* Do not give children less than 15 years old
- Alleviation of the following symptoms of temporary insomnia: Difficulty in falling asleep and shallow sleep.
- Following ingredients are contained per daily dose (2 tablets)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 50mg
- Additive：Cellulose, lactose, carmellose calcium, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium oxide, macrogol and carnauba wax
- Usage and Dosage
Take the following dose before bedtime once a day when you have difficulty in falling asleep or suffers from shallow sleep.
Adults (15 years or older): 2 tablets q.d.
Children under 15 years: Do not take the medicine
< Notice related to usage and dosage >
(1) Strictly follow the usage and dosage instructions.
(2) Taking more than 2 tablets may cause uncomfortable symptoms like feeling too nervous which would rather prevent you from sleeping.
(3) Do not take the medicine other than bedtime.
(4) How to take out a tablet.
Press the convex part of the PTP sheet with your finger tip to break the aluminum foil on the back and take out a tablet, when you take the medicine. (If swallowed the medicine without taking it out from the PTP sheet, it’d stick in the esophageal mucous membrane, leading to an unexpected accident.
- CAUTIONS FOR USE
- What you should not do.
(If not follow the instructions and warnings, side effects or accident might occur easily.)
1. Do not take the medicine, if
(1) You are pregnant or possibly pregnant. (2) You are less than 15 years old. (3) You have difficulty in sleeping on daily basis. (4) You were diagnosed with insomnia.
2. Do not take any of the following medicines while you are taking this medicine.
Other sedative hypnotics, cold medicine, antipyretic analgesics, cough medicine, internal medicine or others containing antihistamines (internal medicine for rhinitis, medicine for motion sickness or anti-allergic medicine and others)
3. Do not drive a car or operate machines after taking the medicine.
(It may trigger sleepiness, thereby posing a possible risk of accident. In case you continue to feel sleepiness or fatigue until the following day, do not drive a car or operate machine until such symptoms disappear.)
4. Do not take the medicine if you are in the lactation period. Or stop breastfeeding while taking the medicine.
5. Do not drink alcohol before or after taking the medicine.
6. Take the medicine only when you have difficulty in falling asleep or sleeping deeply. Do not take the medicine habitually
- When consultation is required
1. Consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor, if
(1) You are under a care of a doctor.
(2) You are elderly.
(elderly person may experience excessive sleepiness or, on the contrary, get too nervous)
(3) You have a history of developing allergy reaction to medication and others.
(4) You have the following symptom: urination difficulty.
(5) You were diagnosed with the following diseases: glaucoma or prostatic hypertrophy
2. Stop using the medicine immediately and go to see a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide, as the symptoms might be side effects.
# Affected area: skin / Symptom: rash, redness or itchiness , # Affected area: digestive organs / Symptoms: stomach ache, nausea, vomiting or decreased appetite, # Affected area: neuropsychiatric / Symptoms: dizziness, headache, dull headache after waking up, sleepiness in the day, dysphoria, highly nervous state, temporary disordered consciousness (impaired attention, half-asleep status, impaired judgement, strange behavior or others), # Affected area: circulator organ / Symptoms: palpitation, # Affected area: urinary organs / Symptoms: urination difficulty , # Affected area: others / Symptoms: sense of fatigue
3. Following symptom might appear after taking the medicine. If such symptoms continue or become worse, stop taking the medicine and consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide. :
dry mouth, diarrhea
4. If there is no improvement after taking the medicine for a few times, stop using the medicine and consult a doctor, pharmacist or registered distributor with this user's guide.
- Other precautions
- Sleepiness might continue until the following day or a feeling of fatigue might occur.
- CAUTIONS ON HANDLING AND STORAGE
(1) Keep the medicine in a cool place with less moisture away from direct sunlight.
(2) Put the medicine out of reach of children.
(3) Do not transfer the medicine into other container (it might cause misuse or quality change of the medicine)
(4) Do not use the medicine after expiration date
- Daisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Made in Japan)